Open position at Angelcam
- Work schedule
- M. Horákové 116/109, 160 00 Praha 6-Hradčany, Czechia
Join us to build a mobile app for a smart security cloud platform that currently serves >100k users processing more than 50 TBs of data every day. Work with us on making the world a safer place by putting the smart security of people and their homes through the cloud into the app in their pockets.
We would be thrilled if you had
- Experience with Kotlin and Dagger.
- Strong analytical skills / know your way with algorithms.
- Understanding of IP cameras and experience with streaming video is a plus.
- Proficiency in English, as we're an international team.
More about working with us
- Our Android app is written in Kotlin, leveraging the Dagger dependency injection framework, and communicating with our backends through a REST API. We also use Firebase for push notifications towards the app and Crashlytics for analytics.
- On the backend, we work with AWS, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Loggly, Graphite, Ansible (everything is dockerized).
- We follow development best practices such as:
- code reviews,
- testing (code coverage is 80%).
- We developed plug-in for IP cameras to connect them to the Angelcam cloud.
- Our CDN has peaks around 6 Gbps, serving > 30,000 cameras.
- On Amazon S3 we have 500TB of data with growth of 15% per month.
- We have our own solution for camera streaming and video recording, we support h264 and mjpeg.
The rewards for your great work
- You will work on a product that is worth making and can change life to the better for thousands of people.
- Highly skilled and motivated colleagues.
- Lots of freedom and openness - if you have a better idea how to do something, everyone up to the CEO is all ears.
- Unlimited days off? We just don’t count as far as the work is done.
- You want to work remotely? Or at your own schedule? Yes, up to you, we just care about the work being done.
- Unlimited budget for hardware? Yes, if it helps you being more productive and happy, you have it.
- Unlimited budget for education? Yes, we like people who want to grow and we support them.
- Team breakfast every Thursday with awesome guests.
- Friday Project Day. Want to play with new tech? Try an idea? Learn something? You can spent all day with all of this.
- Comfy couches at our office in Hradčanská in Prague 6.
- Yeah, and a monthly salary (and stock options), of course.