Open position at MSD IT
Automation Test Architect
- Work schedule
- Svornosti 3321/2, 150 00 Smíchov, Czechia
What is the job about?
The Test Automation Architect within Service Validation and Testing will be responsible for designing and architecting the automation frameworks used for testing our systems and business processes. This role collaborates with project management, scrum masters, developers and testers to understand the goals of the project and the testing needs. This is a hands-on senior technologist role with responsibilities spanning across development areas, platforms and projects for all global technology applications and products. This is a high visibility role that will provide strategic direction aligned to the testing and software development organizations. The nature of the position requires excellent oral and written communication skills and proven leadership in complex team situations. The incumbent will ensure that all SLC concepts are applied in accordance with company policy.
The position will interact with several levels in the organization and will be critical in establishing good relationships with numerous IT organizations and business partners.
You will be responsible to:
- Apply and develop automated test frameworks and tools to meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals.
- Translate existing manual regression, functional and load testing cases into automation.
- Evolve automated test framework to achieve higher test throughput, increased accessibility and test execution flexibility
- Analyze existing automation structure to identify needs or gaps and/or develop new automation tools/frameworks and other supporting testing software to meet management expectations
- Work with QA and Development teams to increase automation test coverage, improve efficiency and effectiveness of testing efforts
- Create, document and execute automation testing strategies and test plans
- Evaluate tools and processes and provide recommendations to promote best practices
- Evaluate and work with third party vendors to assist in testing efforts as required
- Mentor and train testing team, development team and QA team members
- Participate in product design and requirement reviews in collaboration with develop architects and development teams
- Analyze testing and DevOps processes, standards, and best practices and drive necessary improvements
What we need is a person who has:
- Affinity with pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Strong leadership qualities and 5+ years of test automation and quality assurance experience, with a demonstrated history of working in Agile, Continuous Integration and DevOps environments and methodologies.
- Minimum eight years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, executing and maintaining automated test suites. (experience as a software developer will be considered)
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment, preferably SCRUM, where 2 week release cycles are implemented.
- Strong knowledge of Software Quality Assurance and Testing standards and disciplines, including Test Planning, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Defect Management and Automation.
- Strong knowledge of industry standard Testing and DevOps tools, including HP ALM, Selenium, QTP, Jira, Jenkins, Docker, Git, SoapUI, Java, Python, Robot Framework, Junit or similar
- Strong knowledge of DevOps standards and disciplines, including coding standards, test-data handling, object repository treatment, deployment and build automation, continuous integration, Infrastructure-as- a-service, Platforms-as-a-service and Continuous Delivery
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, train, coach and guide other team members in a strong matrix organization.
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunity to implement something new for us - DevOps
- Position in a leading global healthcare company
- Challenging career
- Professional growth based on performance
- Innovative and flexible working environment
- Wide range of benefits
We want to know about you. Contact Nikola Kalčić - firstname.lastname@example.org. Know anybody who might be interested? Refer this job!