Open position at REVOLGY
Cloud Operations Engineer
- Work schedule
- Klimentská 1246/1, 110 00 Praha-Nové Město, Czechia
We’re looking for an experienced colleague for our Cloud Operations team!
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, your main goal will be to deal with L3 issues, support and lead the team of Operations Engineers. You will be responsible for the technical development of our SRE service as well as identifying SPOF and vulnerabilities in the systems of our customers. Your responsibilities will also include :
- Analysing issues and communicating with customers about the progress on them
- Fixing technical problems and analysing its root cause on customer’s cloud systems
- Implementing our SRE service for new customers
- Assessing already-migrated systems
- Implementing managed infrastructure services for our clients
- Technical leadership and development of other team members
- Communicating with our Google and Amazon counterparts
What we expect from you:
- At least two years experience in some of these: cloud computing services (GCP or AWS), computer systems and networks, automated deployments (CI/CD), software development, agile development, containers, databases, web services, Linux system administration
- Experience with SQL databases administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL) – you don’t need to know how to create complex SQL queries, but you should know how to manage the database engine and export/import data
- Knowledge of why and how to monitor services and how to set alerting policies. Knowledge of Stackdriver, CloudWatch and PagerDuty is an advantage.
- Experience in Linux system administration
- You don’t need to be a developer, but it is expected that you know how to read and write any of the major code families at the administrator level
- Proficiency in English (B2/C1)
- Responsibility for your own work and the freedom to organise it however you please
- Educational programs for the personal development of soft/hard skills provided by Google, AWS and other partners
- Mentoring path from more experienced colleagues which will allow you to grow as a professional and help you to build your career
- Collaboration on interesting projects with modern technologies (Kubernetes, Istio, Docker, containers, Terraform, Ansible, Gitlab-CI, Jenkins, Helm, ...) and working with the team of people who want to push the world forward
- International clients and partners (Google, Amazon) from various cultural backgrounds
- Open communication in which you can say what you think – you can disagree, but you are expected to come up with new solutions and ideas
- Opportunity to use your English language skills in a multinational company
- Offices in the centre of Prague, company events & team-buildings
- Flexible working hours and possibility of remote work
- And of course, those “bare necessities” such as unlimited coffee and Uber for Business package
Would you like to know more?
At Revolgy we monitor, identify, investigate, and take responsibility. We provide SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) services to our customers, enterprises, middle-sized companies and also startups, using leading public cloud solutions (Google GCP, Amazon AWS). We're monitoring our client’s infrastructure and enhancing it with alerting policies, reacting to issues, incidents and requests of our customers. We identify SPOF (Single Point Of Failure) and recommend changes and improvements to our clients. We also participate in implementation projects together with other Revolgy teams. If needed, we're investigating the root cause and deal with break and fix. We take responsibility for the operation of our customers' infrastructure and systems, e.g. Kubernetes clusters, instances (VM, servers), all kinds of databases, load balancers, security, IaC, backups and more.