Open position at Rockaway Capital
DATA ANALYST - ROCKAWAY BLOCKCHAIN
- Work schedule
- Na Hřebenech II 1718/8, 140 00 Praha 4-Nusle, Česko
We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst (“QA”) for Rockaway Blockchain Fund – Venture Capital firm focused on the blockchain industry. The QA will take full end-to-end responsibility for developing data-driven analysis and investment framework.
DATA ANALYSIS (primary)
- Develop quantitative models to support investment decisions (investment, divestment, rebalancing) into digital assets.
- Define and track key performance indicators (“KPIs”) for applications utilizing public blockchains (such as Price-to-Earnings ratio, Price-to-Burn ratio, transaction volume, trading volume, monetary velocity, etc.).
- Analyze public blockchain data to find asymmetry between KPIs and asset price on secondary market. Find patterns leading to anomalies in asset valuations.
- Develop processes and algorithms for automated lead generation. (i.e. by scanning credible newsletters, twitter feeds, Google trends, Alexa rankings, blog posts, etc.).
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS (secondary)
- Lead technical due diligence, perform code reviews, read technical documentation (search for bugs, security holes and performance bottlenecks).
- Test product prototypes (run blockchain nodes, deploy smart contracts, query APIs).
- Conduct research on topics as defined by the team.
- Periodically write articles and knowledge nuggets.
- Help build internal knowledge database.
- Be recognized as a “thought leader” in the crypto space.
NETWORK AND PR
- Establish and nurture network of technical founders and subject matter experts; ideal profile is already deeply connected to the blockchain ecosystem.
- Actively seek speaking opportunities at crypto conferences; ideal profile is already respected in the crypto community.
- IT background, degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Experience and successful track record in programming and data mining (minimum 2 years).
- Autonomous in taking ownership and at the same time team player.
- Entrepreneurship and drive (curiosity-driven, not searching for easy way out).
- Ability to structure, analyze and synthesize complex problems.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Proficiency in writing of technical and investment articles.
- Expertise in blockchain / cryptocurrency investing.
- Established network and relationships with technical founders and blockchain experts.