Open position at NN IT HUB Prague
- Work schedule
- Karla Engliše 3201/6, 150 00 Praha 5-Smíchov, Česko
Do you aspire to a career in IT, want to be involved in processes and procedures concerning our SaaS applications and make sure that everything complies to the NN security standards? This is the perfect position to start in IT security for you!
Nationale-Netherlanden, also known simply as NN, headquartered in Netherlands, and providing financial and insurance service in 11 countries across Europe and Japan where it operates.
As the whole insurance industry is predicted to change significantly in the new era of data and analytics, so is NN ready to embrace this technological transformation to leverage the full potential of this opportunity.
We realize the need for investment in talent and people is even more important than investing into technology itself, however if both are present we can create synergies that can accelerate the change and provide ultimate competitive advantage.
That is why we are expanding our NN International Data Science Hub, a center of excellence for AI and Data, located in Prague and established at the heart of NN Group organization.
Our job is to innovate, deliver excellence and commitment within all 11 countries of NN through data management and data science projects using the latest cloud technology.
What will you do:
You will fill the position of data architect within the data management team where you will be closely working together with data architects. The team is responsible for managing common data models and related standards, ensuring its adoption across NN International. It reports directly to the Head Office’s Chief Data Officer and collaborates with the Data Governance office and Data Science Hub.
We are transforming the way we work with data. As part of that we are modernizing our data platforms and creating a common data model.
We work in the cloud and we are investing in big data technologies like Databricks and Delta Lake. Our technology stack involves a broad range of cloud products from both Azure and AWS.
- You will closely collaborate with data domain consultant, data scientists and local architects on activities related to architecture and data modeling.
- Your role will be mainly to design and maintain logical data models, set principles and standards for modeling and implementation guidelines.
- You should be comfortable developing, owning and maintaining data models in line with the company's strategy and needs.
- You will work closely with the data domain consultant who provides and consolidates data requirements, architects from both NN group and individual countries, and participate in designing cloud based solutions when data architecture is impacted.
- You should enjoy working with data, you are curious about new technologies and trends.
What is expected from you:
You are skilled in using data modeling tools, preferably Power Designer
- You have professional knowledge of data modeling data warehouses
- You have experience from Insurance or Financial industry
- You possess knowledge of industry models and common modeling patterns
- You have good knowledge of SQL programming language
- Have good knowledge of relational databases and big data technologies
- You know best practises for data architecture and modeling
- Experienced in data consolidation projects in multinational environments
- Ideally you may have some knowledge of SalesForce modules and its data model
- Fluent English and good communication skills
We think it is important that you keep developing. We provide you with room and trust to grow in your career and as a person. We help you with this by providing:
- Lots of training and education opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre
- A large (international) network of colleagues who like to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to decide on your own development path
You can look forward to:
We can offer you autonomy, exciting projects, and the possibility of quick career growth
- We are a young and dynamic team. We are not all work and no fun ;)
- Flexible working environment - design office in the Anděl, however currently we work from home
- There's 3D printer and laboratory also for your private use very near to your future work seat
- Pension and NN life insurance product contribution
- Wide range of other benefits such as language courses, iPhone 11, MultiSport Card, Cafeteria program, Home office allowance…