Open position at ShipMonk Research & Development
Director of Technical Product Management at ShipMonk
- Work schedule
- Rohanské nábř. 29, 186 00 Praha 8-Karlín, Česko
Hi, we are the Shipmonk and we are on our mission to become #1 fulfillment services provider in the world. We are expanding our geographical footprint, delivering our roadmap to please our customers and continuously improving our platform, infrastructure and process to support rapid growth. We are looking for a technical product management director, that will take ownership of high quality, on time delivery of all of that.
You will be responsible for timely delivery of the roadmap and work closely with all business stakeholders, especially with the product management team and engineering team. Your ultimate goal is to balance product requirements, technical design and development.
As the owner of the discipline you will help us to implement the next iteration of the technical product management. We are moving towards feature oriented teams, building an organizational structure to reflect future needs or implementing new process that better define and capture metrics, documentation processes or release management. Experiences in one or more domains is a big plus.
- More than 150,000 orders a day
- More than 1000 clients, which are small and medium-sized eshops mostly from the USA
- Opening new warehouses in UK, Czech Republic and more in United States
- The Research & Development team is building a platform that is supporting all of that end-to-end.
What will you be doing with us?
- Your team will own technical product delivery end to end. Your ultimate KPI is quality delivery of the roadmap on time.
- You will manage and growth the team of technical product managers.
- You will be responsible for iteration of the technical product management discipline, reflecting business needs and establishing most effective and engaged engineering planning and management process
- Work regularly with various business stakeholders including Operations, Product or even CEO.
What should you know/have?
- 3+ years of team management experience
- 3+ years working with engineering teams
- 3+ years of experience defining the scope of functionality - gathering requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications
- Ability to successfully design and deliver new functionality from idea to evaluation
- Basic knowledge of AWS environment
- Good knowledge of REST APIs, GraphQL, SQL, Git
- Ability to analyze large data in detail, working with SQL software and analytical tools such as Tableau, Looker or PowerBI.
- Experience in a logistics / warehouse environment will be an advantage, as will knowledge of agile software development best practices - coding standards, reviews and testing
What kind of Tech and Tool Stack do we have?
- Asana / Notion / GSuite / Slack
- PHP 8.1
- Symfony 5
- Java 17
- Spring Boot
- Doctrine ORM
- MySQL 8
- GraphQL (TypeScript, Marginal)