Open position at SatoshiLabs
Embedded Software Engineer
- Work schedule
- Kundratka 2359/17a, Praha 8
Are you an Embedded Software Engineer looking for a challenge? Join our great firmware team and help us develop the original cryptocurrency hardware wallet, including a new flagship Trezor product with Bluetooth connectivity. You'll be responsible for the low-level code of Trezor hardware wallets, working on both development boards and real devices facilitating features of the higher-level firmware. As a result of the global chip shortage, we started to take care of chips ourselves which gives us a lot of interesting opportunities for the future. You’ll be part of these discussions and contribute to the decision-making process for developing new models. If there are any hardware-related issues, you will be able to address them. This is an excellent opportunity for, as an engineer who is passionate about developing cutting-edge technology, to join us and be at the forefront of the cryptocurrency revolution.
What technologies do we use?
- programming languages: C, Rust and MicroPython
- STM32, nRF52, and i.MXRT microcontrollers
- I2C, SPI, UART, and USB communication protocols
- Git & GitHub
What will your duties be?
- you’ll work on Trezor Core - firmware for Trezor hardware devices
Your day-to-day tasks will consist of:
- designing, prototyping, and testing high-quality embedded code
- ensuring the robustness of the code in the face of heavy-duty hardware use
- cooperating on the design of possible future hardware revisions
- maintaining and improving the performance of existing software
- since our work is open source, you can have a look at our Github to see what we’re currently working on
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- you have experience with embedded software development
- proficiency in C programming language
- proven skills in writing code for microcontrollers
- experience or willingness to learn Rust
- you’re comfortable with Git
- you have some knowledge of low-level communication protocols
- we’ll also appreciate it if you have an understanding of the underlying electronics
- you have a positive attitude and desire to learn new things
What will you get in return?
- unique opportunity to be a part of a brand that has revolutionized the crypto industry more than once
ability to receive part of your compensation in bitcoin
- free reign and an amazing team of people who’ll help you put ideas into practice
- flexible working hours as well as the possibility of working from home
- budget for professional development (training programs, courses, and workshops of your choice)
- renovated offices (including gym, football table, billiards, PlayStation and a 3D printer)
- other benefits such as a MultiSport card, company mobile phone tariff, etc.
- free on-site parking
If you think your profile fits the description above, please don't hesitate to submit your CV, together with a cover letter and some examples of your work. We’ll definitely get in touch with you as soon as we review your application, most likely within a week.