Open position at DUHOVKA
English After School Center Teacher
- Work schedule
- Nad Kajetánkou 134/9, Praha - Břevnov, 169 00
In all the Duhovka schools, we create a friendly and respectful environment that promotes the student's self-esteem, autonomy, individuality and sense of education. Our Duhovka schools offer a space for the personal development of all its employees. We are an organization that grows and develops, and all, who participate in this, develop naturally with it. It requires their own desire to learn, invention and proactivity.
Are you interested in joining the unique project of a bilingual Montessori elementary and middle school? This is your opportunity! The Czech/English Duhovka Elementary School is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic native English speaker to join our team in the After School Center. You can check the website here: https://www.duhovkaskola.cz/en/our-services/after-school-center/
What exactly would you do?
- Manage children’s after school activities in the afternoon when the school lessons finish
- Be responsible for children’s safety, preventing injuries or conflicts
- Help creating a meaningful, friendly and creative atmosphere in the children’s free time in the center
- Support students in their English skills learning, developing their social and communication skills
- Actively participate in events, activities, trips, etc. organized by the After School Center
What are we looking for?
- A native English speaker
- Interest in working with children in different areas (sports, arts, music, etc.)
- Education in Pedagogy is an advantage
- Previous working experience with elementary school children is a plus
- Willingness to have a stable job at school and learn in the Montessori area
- Energetic personality with organizational and team working skills
- A compatibility of your personal values with the values of the Duhovka and Montessori philosophy
What do we offer?
- A creative job in a special Montessori pedagogy environment
- A pleasant and innovative cooperation within our bilingual English and Czech team
- The attractive international environment of a prestigious private school
- Personal development
- A workload of 8 working hour daily in the afternoon (11:30 – 18:00), which can be slightly adjusted to your schedule, some morning meetings and practical work time around two days a week
- A full-time employment contract, help with gaining the work permit
- The location is in Prague 6 near the Prague Castle :-)
- Starting date from May 1, 2021, or according to an agreement
- 8 weeks of paid holidays + 12 days for further education, 4 sick days
- And other benefits: all meals subsidized, contribution to Czech language courses, 500 CZK monthly via our Benefit Card for free time activities and a yearly amount for work clothes.
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to via the response form (below).
In case you are not contacted within 14 days, we had to exclude you from our selection process. Thanks for understanding.