Open position at DUHOVKA
English Language Teacher with Geography/History
- Work schedule
- Ortenovo nám. 1274, 170 00 Praha 7-Holešovice, Česko
In all Duhovka schools we create a friendly and respectful environment that promotes student's self-esteem, autonomy, individuality and sense of education. Our Duhovka schools offer a space for the personal development of all its employees. We are an organization that grows and develops, and all, who participate in this, develop naturally with it. It requires their own desire to learn, invention and proactivity.
Do you have experience teaching at bilingual or international environment? Are you interested in joining the unique project of Montessori high school? Have you been in the Czech Republic for a certain period of time and would you like to stay here? This is your opportunity!
The bilingual Czech/English Montessori Duhovka High School is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic ENG language Teacher to join our team. We have two openings available:
- teaching English Language and Literature
- teaching History and Geography (+ English Language)
General description:Teaching Middle School and High school courses
What exactly would you do?
- Establish a positive, student-centered learning environment
- Establish a comprehensive, differentiated and balanced array of learning experiences, which meet the students’ needs in developing skills, concepts and understandings
- Effectively provide feedback to learners on their skills, progress and achievement, according to the school’s standards based criteria
- Work collaboratively as a member of teams
- Opportunity to create and use tailor-made projects, case studies, study materials
What we need from you?
- Experience in teaching English, Literature,Geography or History to at least IGCSE level (IB DP is an advantage)
- Bachelor or Masters University Degree in Education preferred
- A minimum of three years experience teaching
- Ability to display a personal vision in alignment with the Duhovka mission;
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, working with 12-18 yrs age students;
- Native English speaker
- Interest in the Montessori approach, project method, critical thinking and individual skills development
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment;
- International and/or multi-cultural experience
- Strong communication skills
- Self-driven & proactive attitude
- Flexible, innovative and solutions focused
What we offer?
- Full time employment with employment contract
- Positive working environment, cooperation in multinational team of enthusiasts teachers
- Montessori Training, IB training
- Competitive salary
- 8 weeks of paid holidays + 12 days for further education, 4 sick days
- Continuous professional and personal development
- Start date: August 2020
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter via the response form.
We are looking forward to your answer. The interviews will be held in January and February.
In case you are not contacted till the end of February, we had to exclude you for some reasons from our selection process. Thanks for understanding.