Open position at DUHOVKA
English Teacher for bilingual Montessori Preschool Duhovka
- Work schedule
- Pevnostní 657/6, Praha – Střešovice
In all Duhovka schools we create a friendly and respectful environment that promotes student's self-esteem, autonomy, individuality and sense of education. Our Duhovka schools offer a space for the personal development of all its employees. We are an organization that grows and develops, and all, who participate in this, develop naturally with it. It requires their own desire to learn, invention and proactivity.
The candidate will work with children daily from 7:30 am - 4 pm in Prague 6, Pevnostní street. S/he will maintain the high standards of a Montessori environment and lead the Preschool classroom together with Czech co-teachers following the Montessori philosophy and curriculum.
Who are we looking for?
Children in Duhovka engage with both English and Czech speaking Montessori teachers. They have the opportunity to experience a foreign language and master it in real and natural situations. Duhovka creates a quality environment that fosters the child's natural curiosity and helps to fully develop his or her potential in the spirit of the thought "Help me to do it myself." We are, therefore, looking for someone who has a cooperative approach to children and enjoys the role of a guide in discovering the world.
What exactly would we expect from you in this position?
Have responsibility for children in the classroom
- Guide children in our Preschool and help them in class work while respecting the Montessori principles and philosophy
- Support children in their learning, developing their social and communication skills and English language ability
- Cooperate in tandem with Czech teachers
- Actively participate in events, activities, trips, etc. organized by Preschool
What do we need from you?
To be a native English speaker (from an English-speaking country only), both a woman or a man
- Bachelor’s degree is a minimum, areas of preschool, pedagogical, social or medical education preferred
- ESL qualification is a great advantage
- Interest in Montessori pedagogy and in learning more and more
- Professional experience with preschool-age children is highly welcomed
- Compatibility of personal values with the values of the Duhovka and Montessori philosophy
- Willingness for long-term cooperation
- Open-minded, optimistic, flexible, hard-working, cooperative
How will you benefit from joining our team?
AMS Montessori Training (2 years long) and certificate paid by Duhovka
- Full time employment contract
- 8 weeks of paid holidays
- And other benefits: 4 sick days, all meals subsidized, Czech language courses paid by Duhovka, 500 CZK monthly via Cafeteria for free time activities
- Pleasant working environment and cooperation within our bilingual English and Czech team
- Space for creativity and continuous professional and personal development
- Location Prague 6 near the Prague Castle :-)
- Starting date according to an agreement, ideally in August 2022
If interested, please send your CV and a short motivation letter via the response form to Dominika Lázničková. Or you can ask any questions regarding this position. We are looking forward to your answer.
In case you are not contacted within 14 days, we had to exclude you for some reasons from our selection process. Thanks for understanding.