Open position at NN IT HUB Prague
PowerBI Gateway DevOps engineer
- Work schedule
- Karla Engliše 3201/6, 150 00 Praha 5-Smíchov, Česko
NN Group EAS department is looking for an ambitious medior DevOps Engineer, with Power BI Development / Administrator skills, to join the Data Management Services team and work together to make NN a data-driven company further. The EAS department within NN Group IT (CIO) is responsible for the application management (Dev/Ops) of all IT applications used by the different departments (i.e. Finance, Risk, HR, etc.). In order to assure the delivery of high quality services towards our stakeholders and for efficient product-driven vision and operations, the EAS department is divided into three different Product Domains. Data Management Services (DMS) team is part of Data & AI Product domain. The team is organized into focus-groups and you will be in the Reporting & Analytics platforms / solutions focus group.
You will operate as a team member in a DevOps team working on different challenges. Together with your colleagues you are responsible for the implementation, automation, availability, performance and management of the NN-wide data platforms and technologies, specifically on Power BI gateways and premium capacities. You work closely with your team members in optimizing and improving the current environment and on developments towards cloud technology.
The responsibilities of the Data Management Services team include
Implement and operate NN-wide shared, critical data management platforms, tools and technologies, in the areas of Data Integration & Quality, Data Governance and Reporting & Analytics.
- Perform Ops & Service Delivery including Incident/problem management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Life-cycle Management (LCM)
- Enabling the services to be used NN-wide internal customers and support the users of the governance solutions.
- Handle OPS responsibilities that includes BU rep communications.
- Organize security in accordance with NN policy requirements and processes.
- Provide and proactively improve the availability and stability of the platform (including monitoring in Splunk or similar monitoring tools).
- Develop and deploy automations using CI/CD pipelines for day to day tasks.
- Make sure that the platform is secure and reliable.
- Align with the users and stakeholders as needed
- Attention to individual development and growth.
2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrably developed problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge and skills on Cloud (Azure, AWS) infrastructure, systems and tools.
- Experience of PowerBI Premium Capacity and Gateway setup and administration is required.
- Azure Devops experience with setting up pipelines.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) way of working.
Experience using Powershell, Bash or Terraform
- Knowledge and skills on Databricks Unity Catalog, Collibra and Microsoft Purview
- Knowledge and skills regarding security and compliance
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Someone with a great sense of responsibility who wants to make good, fast, future-proof IT solutions and who acts proactively.
- A team player who knows how to get along with people and give them space to get the best out of a team.
- Flexible and initiative-taker.
- Pragmatic and driven to convert your expertise and analytical skills into targeted IT concepts.
- Not afraid to be in control and knows how to get things done.
- Someone who can switch between different tasks and stakeholders and who keeps focus on what is necessary.
- Ready to provide feedback to your colleagues to support personal development.
The Data Management Services team consists of highly-skilled DevOps engineers. The colleagues feel responsible for creating a secure, reliable, scalable and robust platforms on which hundreds of developers work. The goal is customer satisfaction and that means that we have to create a reliable and cost-effective platform. The team is responsible for the development of the platforms, but also for the operation. The team is organized into focus-groups and you will be in the Data Governance platforms / solutions focus group. The aim is to set up and manage the total platform with a multi-functional team.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere and challenge. Developing yourself is paramount. The team members co-operate and help each other. Delivering solid work and service is of paramount importance.
You can look forward to
A pleasant working environment characterized by an informal working atmosphere.
- Unlimited budget for trainings relevant to your position and plenty of opportunities to develop yourself: craftsmanship and development are of paramount importance to us.
- The opportunity to work with professional and knowledgeable colleagues who have a tremendous drive to do the right thing, in the interest of the customer and with an eye for society.
- A challenging job, professional teams and high engineering culture.
- An organization with a dedication to DevOps and Agile way of working.
- Wide range of benefits such as language courses, iPhone, MultiSport Card, Cafeteria program, Home office allowance etc.