Open position at Purple Technology
💱💸 React / React Native Developer 💸💱
- Work schedule
- Masarykova 410/28, 602 00 Brno-střed, Česko
We are building scalable global fintech from Brno with the support of the entire Purple group, which is in charge of the development of payment systems and applications for e-commerce, e-wallets, and providers of payment methods. One of our affiliated companies Purple Next is seeking a React / React Native Developer. “If you're thinking "large corporation", stop right there - you can expect a rather small, international, and flexible team.” Four years ago, we started developing our two main apps: payment gateway and e-banking/e-wallet solution. Currently focusing on the development of electronic wallet solutions (imagine something similar to Revolut). We are building the application from scratch (no legacy). You will be involved in the entire mobile app development cycle from design to release on the app store. Our React Native team is small, which means that we have space in our team for juniors who want to develop in React Native, as well as more experienced developers from whom we are happy to learn something new. The entire team is used to working remotely, but they meet each other in person once a month, either in the Brno offices or in the Czech Republic.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON:
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our mobile payment platform that provides payment accounts for individuals supporting online transactions and in-person cashless payments.
- Working with the product and design teams to build new features and improve user experience.
- You will cooperate closely with the Tech Lead/Architect and the rest of our developers
- You will also collaborate with the backend team to integrate APIs and implement new features.
TECH-STACK AND TOOLS WE USE:
- React / React Native
- The platform is powered by AWS, using EKS, Cognito, Aurora, etc.
- Confluence + JIRA
- Online communication via Slack
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- You have a good knowledge of React or React Native
- English is required as we are a multinational team (at least B2 level)
- Familiar with agile software development methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Posture once we agree on, it applies
- Eagerness to come up with suggestions on how to improve, solve, and fix things
- Approach to pick up the phone once you are not sure or don't know how to solve whatever issue
- Attitude to pull together especially even more in hard times or crisis
- You would like to gain experience in the Fintech field
- You don't mind coming to Brno once in a while (about once a month)
WHAT IS A HUGE ADVANTAGE:
- Knowledge of React Native is a huge advantage.
- Experience with building complex and high-performance mobile applications.
- You have the knowledge of building GraphQL and REST, architecting applications, and following best coding practices (SOLID principles, design patterns).
- Familiar with agile software development methodologies.
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- Electro Budget - you can choose the equipment you want to work on.
- Education Budget - conferences, workshops, subscriptions, etc.
- Cafeteria Budget - Multisport, both physical and mental therapists, theaters, cinemas, pharmacies…
- Do you feel you need to push yourself in English? We have several teachers, including an amazing Business & Legal English teacher.
- Annual team building / remote office where we all work together, but enjoy sports activities, trips, and lots of fun, too.
- You can work remotely or on-site with us in our Brno office. That’s your choice. And when you are here with us, you can relax in our Finnish sauna or get fit in our gym.
- 25 days of well-deserved vacation and 5 sick days.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a young team with a desire to show the world that a Czech company from Brno has its place in international business. We are innovating the financial world, trying to change the status quo and inspire competition. People are what matters most to us and the groundwork of our entrepreneurship which grows profitably. We can work as a team and have a lot of fun during the day, but we also solve problems, work hard and respect each other.
We are open with each other, and strict working hours are not our style - everyone knows what their job is and how much time they need to devote to it. We prefer a project management style to a hierarchical one. Plus, our company is located in a nice office in the city center of Brno, with its own gym, sauna, etc.