Open position at REVOLGY
SENIOR CLOUD OPERATIONS ENGINEER
- Work schedule
- Full-time (Remote job)
Full-time · Start date March 2021 · Up to 100% remote · EU citizens · Europe (pref. max +/- 2 hours difference to CET)
WE ARE REVOLGY
...a bunch of cloud-native enthusiasts. Currently, there are about 60 of us. Leading Czech cloud-services company, on the market since 1996. Certified and trusted partner of Google and AWS, providing digital transformation services through cloud infrastructure and online collaboration tools. Helping our 2000+ B2B (Baltics 2 Balkan) clients grow their business in the cloud.
WE WANT YOU! 🤩
Our team of super ambitious folks with strong collaboration and communication skills longs for a new colleague. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Operations team to help us take care of the smooth operation of our customers' infrastructure.
Operations team consists of two branches - Infrastructure and Workspace. Each team has a different agenda but connected with the common goal - deliver the best possible experience to our customers. We operate our customers infrastructure, we are responsible for monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, backups and post mortem analysis.
The team of Infraz works on principle of complexity and severity levels (L1 - L3) and each level is responsible for a different agenda. L1 for communication with customers and managing expectations and providing basic information about the issue, L2 for customer requests and troubleshooting and applying fixes, and L3 for the most complex issues, team education and services development.
We have several ceremonies during the day, week and month. From daily standup, through weekly planning, to monthly retrospective. We follow the Kanban methodology of prioritization of tasks.
We try to be as focused as possible, so we have developed our own team manifesto which helps us to find enough time to be focused on our tasks.
Imagine you, as a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer, will be in charge of shaping solutions and technical development of Revolgy services within the Operations department as well as identifying SPOF and vulnerabilities in the systems of our customers and internal systems, dealing with L3 issues and technical guidance, supporting and mentoring the team of Operations Engineers.
- Monitor and analyse our client’s infrastructure and enhance it with alerting policies, react to issues, incidents and requests of our customers
- Fix technical problems and analyse its root cause on customer’s cloud systems
- Implement Revolgy services for new customers and recommend changes and improvements
- Assess already-migrated systems and giving recommendations
- Implement managed infrastructure services for our clients and for internal purposes
- Responsibility for technical development of internal services
- Technical development and knowledge transfer to junior and medior team members
- Communicate with customers and with our providers counterparts
- Background in computer systems and networks and/or operations
- An understanding of best practices and patterns in software development, cloud computing services (GCP or AWS)
- Infrastructure provisioning (such as Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Docker etc)
- Experience with CI/CD (knowledge of the principles and ability to set up a pipeline from scratch)
- Experience with agile development, containers, databases, web services, Linux system administration
- Understanding and exposure to Kubernetes and GKE/EKS
- High accountability and the ability to work independently, team spirit, great analytical skills
- Fluent communication skills in English (B2/C1)
WHAT YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO PERFORM IN THE ROLE
WHAT MORE CAN HELP YOU TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Prometheus, Grafana or any other observability tools experience/knowledge
- PagerDuty or Splank experience/knowledge
- Knowledge of concepts of alerts enrichment and playbook automations
- Programming experience in trendy languages (python, go, scala)
- Willingness to share knowledge and teach others
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU'RE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
You have a strong focus on designing and alignment of our company strategy and team strategy by architecting and designing operations tools, processes and best practices. The DoD will be measured by fulfilling the roadmap of activities connected to team strategy.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU 💗
Remote-first culture: Work wherever you are most productive - at home, while travelling or in our office in Prague. Benefit from processes and mindsets which are 100% oriented towards working flexible hours, as long as you can attend scheduled meetings.
Fully-funded learning time: Knowledge is our biggest advantage and we need to be ahead. Learning time for your certifications will be fully-funded.
And more: 5 weeks of paid vacation · 3 sick days · Budget for your work equipment and energy costs · Multisport card or FlexiPass · Company sim card with unlimited data and mobile phone contribution for employees · Company notebook · Uber & Liftago for business purposes · GallupStrengths talent DNA analysis · Paid training and certifications · Attending conferences and having the option to present · Knowledge sharing & educational programs provided by Google, AWS, and other technology partners · Company events & meetups
REVOLGY VALUES AND APPROACH
👨👩👧👧 Teamwork: We believe this value is one of the most important things not only in Revolgy, but also in our everyday life. Working with other people gives us the ability to unlock our mind's hidden potentials as we receive stimulus and information that we might not notice instantly, but it can subconsciously improve us.
🤗 Flexibility: Revolgians always know and/or believe that the result of their work has an impact in the technological humanity. We are this kind of people who know exactly where we aim, we never leave something to luck.
💡 Innovation: This is what has brought us to the life we live today. We take it as our mission for the technological humanity to innovate in the field of IT and especially in Cloud.
🎖 Service that exceeds expectation: This value is like a multifactor authentication system as it requires multiple steps to be unlocked. We work effectively and quickly, have a futuristic mindset to leave space for growth considering always the maximization of the performance.
All the values above, together, bring the result we all want. Happy Customers with smiley faces!
REVOLGY HIRING PROCESS
Apply and you will be asked to complete an application form and we'll be in touch. Our application process usually has 5 steps. It includes an initial chat with HR and hiring manager, one technical task, Gallup CliftonStrengths online analysis to discover your unique talent DNA, then a chat with your future team, and a final chat with Mirek, our CEO. The whole process usually takes 3-4 weeks.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you 🙏
Tereza, Tom, Martin, George, Aris, Tomáš, Teo and other Revolgians
Diversity and equal opportunity are important to us. We are happy about the interest of all candidates and strive to provide feedback as quickly as possible.