Open position at DUHOVKA
Senior IB English language and literature teacher
- Work schedule
- Ortenovo nám. 1274/34, 170 00 Praha 7-Holešovice, Czechia
In all Duhovka schools we create a friendly and respectful environment that promotes student's self-esteem, autonomy, individuality and sense of education. Our Duhovka schools offer a space for the personal development of all its employees. We are an organization that grows and develops, and all, who participate in this, develop naturally with it. It requires their own desire to learn, invention and proactivity.
Do you have experience teaching the IB programme? Are you interested in joining the unique project of a Montessori high school? This is your opportunity!
The bilingual Czech/English Montessori Duhovka High School is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior IB Teacher to join our team.
What exactly we would expect you to do?
● Help school management with preparing for IB Diploma Programme (DP)
● Teaching Middle School and High School English language and literature courses
● Cooperate closely with Head of the English Department
● Review and suggest revisions to the high school English curriculum towards IB
● Establish a positive, student-centred learning environment
● Establish a comprehensive, differentiated and balanced array of learning experiences, which meet the students’ needs in developing skills, concepts and understandings
● Effectively provide feedback to learners on their skills, progress and achievement, according to the school’s standards based criteria
● Work collaboratively as a member of teams
● Opportunity to create and use tailor-made projects, case studies, study materials, etc.
What experience and education we need from you?
● IB DP and IGCSE experience
● Bachelor or Masters University Degree in Education preferred
● A minimum of three years experience teaching
● The ability to teach both English as an additional language and English literature would be an advantage
What competencies and skills we need from you?
● Ability to display a personal vision in alignment with the Duhovka mission
● Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, working with 12-18-year-old students
● Fluent English
● Interest in the Montessori approach, project method, critical thinking and individual skills development
● A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment;
● International and/or multi-cultural experience
● Strong communication skills
● Self-driven & proactive attitude
● Flexible, innovative and solutions focused
What we offer?
Full time employment with employment contract
Positive working environment
AMS Montessori Training
8 weeks of paid holidays + 12 days for further education, 4 sick days
Continuous professional and personal development
Discount on school fee for children
Start date: January 2019
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter via the response form (below) to Blanka Horáčková (HR Manager). Or you can ask any questions regarding this position. We are looking forward to your answer.
In case you are not contacted within 14 days, we had to exclude you for some reasons from our selection process. Thanks for understanding.