Open position at productboard
- Work schedule
- Panská 2, 110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město, Czechia
Who we are looking for
For developer who cares about solving real problems for real users. Who wants to own the problems, not just be a coding robot. Who finds it most rewarding to succeed as a team rather than go-it-alone or be the rock star. Who wants to be part of the experience of building a new product from the ground up, not just maintaining something that already exists. Who is interested in building a product that will change our users’ career trajectories, that will be used by tens of thousands of people everyday, that will change how teams across the globe build digital products, that will be loved.
- You have previous experiences building web apps using frameworks like React, Vue.js or Angular, and understand functional programming principles.
- You are following Lee Byron, Sebastian Markbåge, Dan Abramov, and many others to learn about the latest trends in web development.
- You spend (what some might call) excessive time polishing your editor / CLI configs or improving your tooling.
- You have an appreciation for great design and building features that customers will want to lick.
- You could win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package, including stock options
- New MacBook Pro (or another notebook of your choice) + 34″ monitor
- Budget for books, online courses and conferences
- Unlimited supply of Mate Mate and coffee
- Budget for Uber when staying late in the office
- MultiSport card for working out
- Yummy catered lunches and monthly company brunches
- Five weeks of vacation
Tools and technologies we love
Elastic, Ruby, Rails, Python, Cypress.io, Redis, Heroku, AWS, CircleCI, TDD in bash, Keboola, GoodData, Intercom, Slack, productboard, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAMWORK
How we work
We work in small cross-functional teams that usually consist of three developers, a designer, and a product manager. The teams work closely together towards a specific goal related to making our customers even more awesome.
As a developer you will be part of the whole feature development lifecycle, starting with the discussion on where to focus our efforts and why. You will see all the feedback we collected from our customers linked in this cool tool called productboard 😉, and you will be encouraged to come up with ideas/objections.
Before we build well architected, scalable, and production ready features, we like to test our assumptions first. (Our time is valuable! Why risk building the wrong thing?) You will support our product discovery efforts by quickly hacking together prototypes that can be validated with our customers. After evaluating the results, we’ll select the best design/architecture to use moving forwards.
When we build features, we like to pair on complex problems, conduct detailed code reviews and deploy small changes daily. When you ship your feature to production, you’ll get to communicate the update to the users who requested and bask in all the joy and praise that comes from delivering awesome functionality to passionate users. This is especially rewarding since our customers are among the brightest product minds in the industry.
WE LIKE TO HAVE FUN TOO
What we do beyond shipping features
We take pride in our craft, and we are constantly trying to improve our skills and tooling. We organize internal tech talks, code retreats, and hackathons. We also like to share our experiences with others on various meetups and conferences.
We suck at open source, but we would like to get better, so we started hosting open source hackathons where we order beer and pizza and pair program on fixing bugs from our favorite open source projects (React.js usually 🤓).
But writing code is not the only thing we do. We are social creatures. We like to hang out and discuss things beyond 0s and 1s. We have regular team breakfasts and dinners, but also like to get out of Prague from time to time, so we organize team offsites – both in the Czech Republic and abroad.
After work, we continually find ourselves at nearby Vinograf, Meat&Greet and a whiskey bar in Jindrisska Tower. Every Tuesday we host a beer evening at our office where we invite our +1s and people outside of the company as well – you are invited too! We usually watch how Playstation downloads another batch of updates, discuss our recent attempts to start running again, and listen to Mike’s fresh new playlist on Spotify. We are fun.