Open position at Wrike
Staff Database Engineer (PostgreSQL)
- Work schedule
- Boudníkova 9, 180 00 Praha 8-Palmovka, Česko
As a Staff Database Engineer at Wrike, your primary strength lies in PostgreSQL, where you excel in designing, managing, and optimizing internal database systems. Your advanced skills extend to cloud and data center infrastructure, emphasizing security, containers, networking, monitoring, automation, and debugging. You proactively define tasks based on team objectives, guide others, and propose impactful infrastructure improvements. You would have the opportunity to engage in high-end technical projects, including the implementation of Kafka, development of an internal database management system built on PostgreSQL, and collaboration on command and control systems within an international team. In this role, you would join a core development team of 250+ engineers developing Wrike and become a part of the whole operations department which is exposed to various technologies and systems. Does this sound like something you would like to be a part of? If your answer is yes, we'd love to speak with you!
More About Your Team
We have 14 folks in the SysOps Department, consisting of two teams distributed in Prague, Cyprus, and Tallinn. As a core team member of our team you will be:
- Managing the Wrike product infrastructure with a focus on data infrastructure
- Designing reliable solutions to ensure a product uptime SLA of 99.99%
- Working with GCP and other providers in the IaC paradigm
- Implementing and supporting new infrastructure services
- Actively participating in incident response and management, including on-call duties
- Developing and maintaining professional connections within and outside of the team
- Driving end-to-end completion of significant projects, supported by senior team members
Key technologies and tools include:
- PostgreSQL as DB platform
- Kafka and rabbitmq for messaging
- Kubernetes and helm (Service-oriented architecture)
- Nginx, HAproxy and Istio for load balancing
- GCP, AWS and Cloudflare are our cloud providers
- Puppet, Ansible and Terraform for defining everything as a code
- Python to automate everything
- Prometheus (VictoriaMetrics) and Zabbix for monitoring
- Graylog, Logstash, Fluentd for logging
- Jenkins and Gitlab-CI for building pipelines
You will achieve your best if you have
Advanced experience in designing, managing, and optimizing database management systems based on PostgreSQL
- Advanced knowledge in at least two of the following areas, intermediate knowledge of the rest: Data networks, Security, Databases, Cloud providers, Process automation, Containerised application management
- Advanced Linux administration skills with experience in maintaining highly available infrastructure for web application stack
- Sufficient scripting skills in Python/Bash or other scripting languages
- Upper Intermediate English skills
You will stand out with
Advanced experience running Kubernetes platform
- Advanced experience with any Cloud Provider management using IAC (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Strong understanding of Linux fundamentals: security principles, hardware, troubleshooting, etc.
- Monitoring experience with Zabbix, Grafana or Prometheus
- Advanced experience with any of System Configuration Management tools (Ansible/Puppet/Salt etc.)
Perks of working at Wrike
25 days of holidays
- Cafeteria bonuses (Benefit plus)
- Meal vouchers 220CZK/working day
- Sick leave compensation
- Private healthcare membership (Canadian Medical)
- Pension plan
- Mobile tariffs „Lítačka“ transportation annual coupon reimbursement
- Multisport card
- Parental leave
Interview with a Recruiter
- Call with Hiring Manager
- Technical interview
- Cultural interview
Your recruitment buddy will be Denis Smirnov, Lead Recruiter.
Who Is Wrike and Our Culture
We’re a team of innovators and creators who solve the complex work problems of today and tomorrow.
Hybrid work mode
Wrike promotes a hybrid work mode and we meet in the office 3 times a week. This work mode supports our culture of collaboration and solving problems fast to deliver business outcomes and win together.
💡 Smart: We love what we do, and we’re great at it because this is our domain. Our combined knowledge in this space is unmatched.
💚 Dedicated: We get up every day focused on helping our customers win. We’re committed to helping our teammates win, too!
🤗 Approachable: We're friendly, easy to get along with, considerate, and helpful.
Our culture and Values
📈 Deliver Business Outcomes
🥇 Be better than the competition
🚀 Move fast. Then, move faster
🤝 Know our customers
🏆 We win together
💪 Have courage