Open position at DUHOVKA
Teacher in bilingual Montessori Elementary School
- Work schedule
- Nad Kajetánkou 134/9, Praha 6 – Břevnov, PSČ 169 00
In all Duhovka schools we create a friendly and respectful environment that promotes student's self-esteem, autonomy, individuality and sense of education. Our Duhovka schools offer a space for the personal development of all its employees. We are an organization that grows and develops, and all, who participate in this, develop naturally with it. It requires their own desire to learn, invention and proactivity.
The bilingual Czech/English Montessori Elementary School is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic colleague to join our team.
- Do you have experience teaching in a bilingual or international environment?
- Are you interested in Montessori pedagogy?
- Have you been in the Czech Republic for a while and would you like to stay here long term?
- This is your opportunity!
Teach students at our elementary school based on the School Curriculum while respecting the Montessori principles and philosophy.
What exactly would you do?
- Support students in their learning by developing their social/emotional and communication skills
- Develop students English skills based on the school curriculum while respecting the Montessori principles and philosophy
- Regularly update student‘s individual plans and be in communication with the student’s parents
- Cooperate as a team member with Czech Class teacher and assistant in the classroom
- Responsibility for approximately 22 students in the class
- Actively participate in events, activities, trips, etc. organized by the elementary school
What we need from you?
- Native English speaker (from an English-speaking country) ideally with some professional experience from the Czech Republic or European countries
- Bachelor’s degree is a minimum, Master´s and/or in Education preferred
- Previous teaching experience (English classes) for elementary school aged children
- Experience and interest in the Montessori concept or alternative learning styles is an advantage
- Willingness to learn the Montessori pedagogy
- Willingness for long-term cooperation
- Very good general overview and knowledge of a wide variety of different subjects
- Compatibility of personal values with the values of the Duhovka and Montessori philosophy
What we offer?
- AMS Montessori Training and certificate paid by Duhovka
- Full time employment contract, competitive salary
- 8 weeks of paid holidays + 12 days for further education, 4 sick days
- Space for creativity and continuous professional and personal development
- Pleasant working environment and cooperation within our bilingual English and Czech team
- And other benefits: 4 sick days, all meals subsidized, Czech language courses paid by Duhovka, 500 CZK monthly via Cafeteria for free time activities
- Location Prague 6 near the Prague Castle :-)
- Starting date asap or according to an individual agreement
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter via the response form "Mám zájem o tuto příležitost" to Blanka Horáčková (HR Manager). We are looking forward to your answer.
In case you are not contacted within 14 days, we had to exclude you for some reasons from our selection process. Thanks for understanding.