Open position at EYELEVEL
- Work schedule
- Evropská 859/115, Vokovice
Based within the Shared service center in Prague, the VAT specialist will be responsible for the EMEA VAT compliance and VAT accounting of allocated group companies, including reviewing the underlying data and invoices. He/she will report to the Global VAT Manager. The successful candidate will further handle ad hoc (mostly VAT compliance-related) VAT questions from internal business stakeholders as well as from other members of the finance team, and contribute to amending VAT guidance and tools.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF YOUR ROLE
Reporting – provides regular and ad hoc reports to other internal users
- The VAT specialist prepares VAT data ledgers for external compliance services providers, reviews the prepared VAT returns, EU Sales Listings and Intrastat returns. He/she will be the first point of contact for external VAT compliance service providers. This also includes monitoring open items and taking action where necessary.
- The VAT specialist will also be performing VAT reconciliation to accounting records.
- He/she should be able to handle and solve routine compliance-related requests and questions from the GL, AR, AP, and internal business partners.
WHAT ARE WE EXPECTING FROM YOU?
Business/Finance/Tax university degree.
- Proven tax advisory or tax qualification / degree.
- 3-5 years of VAT experience, including compiling of VAT returns and VAT claims.
- A very good knowledge of the EU VAT system and legislation.
- Understanding of the customs regimes and INCOTERMS.
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge into practice.
- Good analytical skills and understanding of business principles.
- Experience in a multinational professional firm or in a VAT position of a multinational enterprise is an advantage.
Strong team player with the ability of working independently.
- Proactive approach and problem solving mindset.
- Efficient multitasker, with attention to detail.
- Experienced Microsoft Excel user.
English - Advanced
- Other European language is an advantage
What we will measure you on
- Timely and correct completion of data ledgers for VAT returns, EC Sales Listings and Intrastat returns.
- Your control over the comprehensive VAT reconciliation.
- Identification and management of tax risks: continuous contribution to review of processes and controls.
- Contribution to process or system improvements.
- Contribution to Internal VAT policies and procedure.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
- Sauna and terrace with grill and beer tap
- Very informal environment and colleagues who want to move things forward
- Unlimited vacation (seriously 😊)
- Cafeteria Benefit System
- English language lessons twice a week with our Englishman Ben
- Sport activities (twice a week circle training and yoga, small fitness available every day)
- Free massages every month
- Of course, common things like: Laptop, mobile (Iphone), internal and external training, flexible start / end of working hours, sickdays
- And last but not least: our offices are and will be DOG FRIENDLY!