Full-stack Ruby Developer
Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video on demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Showmax apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles. The engineering team has the unique challenge of supplying shows from Hollywood’s biggest studios, local African productions, and live sports from around the world to consumers in developing economies - all without compromising quality.
A bit about the team
You would be joining an international team of 9 where you can find various areas of focus. Our team is responsible for full stack web applications written in Ruby on Rails framework as well as related API services written in Ruby. We are in charge of the payments functionality, bringing new payment channels and promotional offers to our customers.
If you love to bring quality software to end users you will enjoy the cross functional cooperation you can find at Showmax! Thanks to Ruby and modern microservices architecture, our code is clean, fairly simple, and well covered by unit tests.
Your task will be focused on bringing new features to the payments platform as well as maintaining (improving) existing user journeys.
You must have experience with
- a web application framework (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Laravel, Django)
- a relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
Further technologies that we use are a bonus (but not a must-have):
- BEM ( Block Element Modifier methodology)
- GitHub/view_component library
What you’ll get in return?
- 25 days of holidays
- 5 sick days
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Fully remote work possible
- Equipment that you prefer - Lenovo or Apple laptop, monitors, etc.
- Meal vouchers, MultiSport card
- Education - internal knowledge sharing, conferences, online courses, time allocation for learning purposes
- Ergonomic workspace, good coffee and snacks in the office