Open position at SatoshiLabs
Embedded Software Engineer for Trezor
- Work schedule
- Kundratka 2359/17a, Praha 8
We’re looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our great firmware team and play a key role in the development of the original cryptocurrency hardware wallet Trezor. Your job here will be to make sure that our high-level firmware code is playing nicely with the low-level details in Trezor One and Trezor T. As well as that, we're developing a new product so you can bring some new ideas to the table. Last but not least you should be able to understand and tackle any hardware-related issues. And if you're interested in a security-minded device, don't waste a minute and tell us about yourself!
What technologies do we use?
- programming languages: C, Rust and MicroPython
- STM32 microcontrollers
- I2C, SPI, UART, and USB communication protocols
What will your duties be?
- as an Embedded Software Engineer, you’ll work on Trezor Core - firmware for Trezor hardware devices
- designing, prototyping, and testing high-quality embedded code
- ensuring the robustness of the code in the face of heavy-duty hardware use
- cooperation on the design of possible future hardware revisions
- maintaining and improving the performance of existing software
- since our work is open source, you can have a look at our Github to see what we’re currently working on
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- you have experience with embedded software development
- you're proficient in C and/or Rust programming
- you have experience writing code for microcontrollers (such as STM32 or any other ARM) and hardware debugging
- you’re comfortable with Git
- you have some knowledge of low-level communication protocols
- we’ll also appreciate it if you have an understanding of the underlying electronics
- interest in cryptography will be highly welcome
- you have a positive attitude and desire to learn new things
What will you get in return?
- financial compensation based on your skills and experience
- possibility to receive part of your compensation in Bitcoin
- a lot of flexibility (home office is a company standard these days)
- a friendly working environment
- a budget for professional development (training programs, courses, and workshops of your choice)
- other benefits like MultiSport card, company mobile phone tariff, on-site gym, foosball, billiard table, PS4, BTC ATM, 3D printer, etc.
- free on-site parking
If you think your profile fits the description above, please don't hesitate to submit your CV, together with a cover letter and some examples of your work. We’ll definitely get in touch with you as soon as we review your application, most likely within a week.