Open position at Productboard
Permissions Expert Engineer (Ruby on Rails, Kotlin)
- Work schedule
- Boudníkova 2506/1
Become the leading engineer of a team that will architect a brand new scalable permission model for Productboard, a product management system used by the largest global companies. Bring your deep access control experience to ensure building a highly available and reliable service that will help all our engineering teams manage permissions in our complex tool.
Out Tech Stack
- We're running Elasticsearch to power our Insights search.
- We are fully migrated to Kubernetes on AWS to enable an event-driven service architecture, using Kafka to let services communicate together asynchronously and resiliently.
You'll be expected to work on everything from the above, but we're not expecting deep knowledge in all of it. We strive to build up everything backed by code and reliable pipelines which will get you on track at lightning speed. We're always open to changes that can make us better!
We're looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- 2+ years of experience building backend systems
- Eagerness to use your deep experience with permission models like RBAC in complex systems
- Experience with some parts of our tech stack is always welcome (messaging, AWS, k8s, Typescript, SPAs)
- Your code is clean and well tested, you own development from discovery to production deployment
- You love to learn and constantly improve your own skills and are not afraid to jump into new things
- You like communicating with frontend or product management and you always keep the end-user in mind.
- You could win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English (we have an international team and are successful at keeping discussions in English)
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day
💚 Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 5,400 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other bias covered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.