Open position at Rossum
Senior Backend Engineer (Python)
- Work schedule
- Křižíkova 34 Prague 8 180 00
We are currently seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join the team responsible for developing the product-related aspects of our SaaS application and driving exceptional customer experiences.
If you are a senior software engineer seeking to be part of a company with a clear mission and purpose dedicated to solving real-world problems, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
Our mission is to leverage state-of-the-art AI and an intuitive UI to eliminate unnecessary paperwork, contributing to a world that builds rather than types. By revolutionizing document processing through AI and innovative technology, we are at the forefront of transformative change. Interested in learning more? Keep reading!
By joining Rossum you will become a member of a team of 12 frontend and backend Engineers, who work following the Pipedrive agile framework. We implement new features and improvements on focused missions without distraction or interruptions. When not on a mission, we take care of the maintenance and support of the services we built in a Launchpad team.
We are all geeks and hackers who like to engineer beautiful systems, all the way to Rossum’s CEO. We are pragmatic in choices, but constantly questioning and iterating on how we develop software and operate.
Our Tech Stack:
Rossum is a highly tech-savvy product; therefore, experience or at least familiarity with the following stack is a significant advantage, you will eventually touch all of it.
- Most of our services are written in Django and Django REST framework.
- Our public API is mostly RESTful.
- For communication between components we are using RabbitMQ, for asynchronous task processing we make use of the Dramatiq library.
- We use PostgreSQL as our database of choice. For advanced search functionality, we operate an Elasticsearch cluster.
- Everything we run is deployed in Kubernetes clusters to ensure reliability and scalability. Currently, we use AWS in three regions, but we are mostly cloud agnostic.
- All configuration is persisted in Git and synchronized with all environments using GitOps tooling (flux). Terraform is our tool for managing infrastructure.
- Prometheus and Grafana are used for monitoring, EFK stack for logs.
- We use a GitLab to host our repositories and run various pipelines.
We are seeking senior software engineers with extensive experience and a willingness to apply their engineering knowledge to transform the way the world operates through technology.
- Successful candidates typically possess:
- Strong experience in designing and building backend systems and APIs.
- Product-oriented mindset always looking for understanding of customer needs.
- Hands-on experience working with Django, Django Rest Framework, relational databases, AWS, and Kubernetes to create scalable solutions.
- Experience in overseeing services throughout their lifecycle, including monitoring, issue resolution, CI/CD pipelines, internal tooling, and automated tests.
- Experience working in an agile environment to deliver impactful results.
- Experience in architectural versatility embracing both monolithic and microservices architectures to tackle diverse challenges.
What we offer:
We are building a hyper-growth SaaS startup following the best Silicon Valley practices, in Prague.
- Stock options plan
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days
- Flexible working hours, hybrid regime of work
- Extra two weeks for paternity leave
- Access to 1:1 coaching through Bravely
- High-end laptop & other necessary tech
- English & Czech language lessons on all levels
- Multisports card to access sports facilities at any of 2,700 places in Czechia.